Thursday, March 20, 2008

Vegan Gone Wild: Spring Break '08

So. Technically it is Thursday morning, but this still qualifies as Wednesday for me (so take that Monday Wednesday postings!)

It is 2:37AM and I just came down with a guilty conscious for my eating actions today. I mean really, I know the last day of finals is really stressful. even though I had three meals today they weren't all that healthy.*

Case and Point:
Breakfast: Oatmeal Bread w/ Peanut Butter and Vegan Sausage (Ok, not too bad)
Lunch: 3 beers (Drop Top Ale bought with book return money!)
Dinner: 3 beers some fries from the bowling alley
Midnight Snack: Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Loads of Kale

Even Bosko ate better than me:
Breakfast: Vegetarian Dog Kibble
Lunch: One full carrot and Cauliflower scraps
Dinner: Brown Rice, Broccoli, Kale, Veggie Broth, Cauliflower, Nutritional Yeast and Braggs.
Bosko sitting on my desk, looking out the window.
Yes, I am watching Law and Order: SVU in the background!


Hmm, life of a college kid on spring break after the most stressful finals week of her life? I do believe so.

I kinda feel like I made up for it a couple hours ago.

I made mashed sweet potatoes with steamed, shocked, and chopped Kale and Cauliflower. I am trying to force myself to eat a bunch (in the literal way) of Kale per week...and I am finding I like it more and more each time. If you are vegan or vegetarian and worrying about your lack of leafy green eating--this is a GREAT way to find kale in your food.

Try regular mashed potatoes with kale, chopped seitan (or tempeh), nutritional yeast flakes, tons of garlic, and Braggs or soy sauce.

Mashed potatoes with kale, Chinese broccoli, tempeh, and vegan sour cream with wasabi?

Ohh the possibilites are endless...I find mashed potatoes are a good dish for adding tons of vegetables/adding in a new vegetable or soy product you are scared to try/don't quite know how to work with.



Love,


Taco


P.S. I didn't take any pictures today, so maybe I'll add an extra update this week.

*= I do not support or condone this eating habit.

No comments: